Sunday, November 20, 2011

Never Pity a Special Needs Mommy

I suppose I can only speak for myself but I'm choosing to make this general statement and believe that every other mom of a special needs child feels the same way that I do. Never feel pity for us, for me. I am the luckiest mom in the world to have both of my amazing boys. My special needs son is the hardest working, sweetest, most snuggly, cuddly, loving, smart, happy boy. He inspires me everyday and has overcome obstacles that I honestly didn't know if he would. I have learned to never doubt him because he amazes me constantly and he is kicking the junk out of this whole developmental delay thing. He has more to do for sure but he is well on his way and we know each day how very blessed we are. I tell him every single night how amazing, smart, special and perfect he is and he just smiles and lights up and hugs me because he knows it and believes it too. Now that he is talking more it is even more amazing to watch him and hear what is on his mind. Never,ever pity. I am the luckiest mom ever and would take 5 more just like this kid. His little brother is his best pest/therapist and I get the honor of being their mommy. Be happy for me because I am thrilled and think twice please before pity ever enters your mind or heart. Envy perhaps but never pity.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete